Elk Run 5k
The inaugural Elk Run 5k is a premier event founded by Olympian Emma Coburn with the intention to attract runners of all abilities throughout the state and to encourage health and fitness. The race will take place in Emma's hometown, beautiful Crested Butte, CO on September 30, 2017.
2016 Rio Olympics Bronze Medalist.
Date of Race: Saturday, September 30, 2017
Race Start Time: 10:00 AM
Where: Crested Butte, CO
Start/Finish: 3rd and Elk Ave
Distance: 5k (3.1 miles)
Post Race Entertainment: The Goonies 80's Cover Band
Post Race Thank You Dinner: Elk Ave Prime (requires additional ticket to attend)
Not only does your entry fee help us reach our goal of a $10,000 donation to local charity, Living Journeys, it also gets you a whole bunch of stuff! How does an official race bag, official race hat, sponsor goodies, local discounts, post race food, drinks and music sound? Oh yea, and you get to run with Olympic medalist, Emma Coburn. Cool!
- Before August 31st - $35
- Sign up early and get a discount. Includes race bib, timing chip, race swag and post race food & drinks!
- September 1st – September 30th - $40
- Includes race bib, timing chip, race swag and post race food & drinks.
- Gunnison Valley Students - $25
- Discount for Gunnison Valley Students. Includes race bib, timing chip, race swag and post race food & drinks
- After Race Thank You Dinner - $120
- The evening of the race come celebrate with Emma and event sponsors at a post race dinner at Elk Ave Prime. With your ticket you will get great food and drinks.
- All Included - $140
- Includes race bib, timing chip, race swag, post race food & drinks AND ticket to post race Thank You Dinner at Elk Ave Prime.
Packet Pick Up
Let's do this thing! The only way to run with Emma and participate in the Elk Run 5k is to have a race bib and a timing chip. Once registered, you have two options to pick up your packet.
- Option 1
- Join us at the Brick Oven Pizzeria Friday evening, September 29th, from 5:00 - 7:00pm.
- Emma will be taking pictures and signing autographs.
- We will also have last minute race registration and packet pick up.
- Option 2
- For those of you that can't make it Friday evening you are in luck.
- We will have race packet pick up available immediately before the event Saturday morning, September 30th, from 8:00 - 9:45am.
- The race starts at 10:00 am so get there early!
The race will support Gunnison Valley non-profit, Living Journeys. The race will provide significant fundraising opportunities. Living Journeys provides financial assistance, emotional support, and enrichment programs to Gunnison Valley residents affected by cancer. Emma has worked with Living Journeys in years past and is excited to partner with this wonderful organization once again.